BPEL4Chor offers means to describe choreographies using WS-BPEL 2.0. BPEL4Chor uses the idea of plug-links of WSFL and adds the explicit modelling of participant sets and participant references. Using terms of BPMN 2.0,
The editor can be tried at http://www.bpel4chor.org/editor.
Verification of BPEL4Chor
- Gero Decker, Oliver Kopp, Frank Leymann and Mathias Weske. BPEL4Chor: Extending BPEL for Modeling Choreographies. Proceedings of the IEEE 2007 International Conference on Web Services (ICWS), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, July 2007. IEEE Copmuter Society.
- Decker, Gero; Kopp, Oliver; Leymann, Frank; Weske, Mathias: Interacting services: from specification to execution. In: Data & Knowledge Engineering. Vol. 68(10), Elsevier Science Publishers, 2009.
- Niels Lohmann, Oliver Kopp, Frank Leymann, and Wolfgang Reisig. Analyzing BPEL4Chor: Verification and Participant Synthesis. Web Services and Formal Methods, Forth International Workshop, WS-FM 2007 Brisbane, Australia, September 28-29, 2007, Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, September 2007. Springer-Verlag
- Gero Decker, Oliver Kopp, Frank Puhlmann. Service Referrals in BPEL-based Choreographies. 2nd European Young Researchers Workshop on Service Oriented Computing (YR-SOC 2007)
BPEL4Chor and Advanced Transaction Concepts
- Oliver Kopp, Katharina Görlach, Frank Leymann: Extending Choreography Spheres to Improve Simulations In: International Organization for Information Integration and Web-based Application and Services 2010 (iiWAS 2010).
- Oliver Kopp, Matthias Wieland, Frank Leymann: Towards Choreography Transactions. In: Proceedings of the 1st Central-European Workshop on Services and their Composition, ZEUS 2009, Stuttgart, Germany, March 2--3, 2009
- Oliver Kopp, Ralph Mietzner, Frank Leymann: The Influence of an External Transaction on a BPEL Scope. In: CoopIS 2009 (OTM 2009).
BPEL4Chor and BPMN
- Gero Decker, Oliver Kopp, Frank Leymann, Kerstin Pfitzner, Mathias Weske. Modeling Service Choreographies using BPMN and BPEL4Chor. Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE '08), 2008.
- Kerstin Pfitzner, Gero Decker, Oliver Kopp and Frank Leymann. Web Service Choreography Configurations for BPMN. Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop on Engineering Service-oriented Applications: Analysis, Design and Composition (WESOA), Vienna, Austria, September 2007.
BPEL4Chor and EPCs
- Oliver Kopp, Matthias Wieland, Frank Leymann: External and Internal Events in EPCs: e2EPCs. In: 2nd International Workshop on Event-Driven Business Process Management (edBPM09), 2009.
Application of BPEL4Chor
- Branimir Wetzstein, Dimka Karastoyanova, Oliver Kopp, Frank Leymann, Daniel Zwink: Cross-Organizational Process Monitoring based on Service Choreographies. In: Proceedings of the 25th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2010); Sierre, Switzerland, 21-26 March, 2010.
- Matthias Wieland, Daniel Martin, Oliver Kopp, Frank Leymann: SOEDA: A Methodology for Specification and Implementation of Applications on a Service-Oriented Event-Driven Architecture. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2009). Poznan, Poland April 27-29, 2009
A variant of BPEL4Chor supporting the interaction choreography modelling approach has been presented in the following paper:
- Oliver Kopp, Lasse Engler, Tammo van Lessen, Frank Leymann, Jörg Nitzsche: Interaction Choreography Models in BPEL: Choreographies on the Enterprise Service Bus In: S-BPM ONE 2010 - the Subjectoriented BPM Conference, 2011
A general overview on the different choreography modelling concepts is presented in the following paper:
- Gero Decker, Oliver Kopp, Alistair Barros: An Introduction to Service Choreographies. In: Information Technology. Vol. 50(2), 2008, Oldenbourg Verlag
This site is under construction. Please visit the homepages of
- Dr. Gero Decker, workied at the HPI and now working for http://www.signavio.com/
- Oliver Kopp, working at the IAAS and
- Dr. Niels Lohmann, working at the University of Rostock.
for further information and the author's copies of the publications listed above.
Oliver Kopp and Niels Lohmann were partially funded by the Tools4BPEL-Project, which is in turn funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Reserach. The core concepts of BPEL4Chor are part of Tools4BPEL.